Now that you’ve made your way around our mindmap of 7 foundational business systems, you’ve arrived at the place where it all comes together – your website!
People often start their online business by building their website, but just like it is on our mindmap, your website should be last.
Before creating a website, you need to know your target audience and have written all your website copy, and you’ll want all primary parts of your foundational systems set up and ready to go.
Whether you already have a website or are just getting started with that hub for your digital business, listen to this episode with pen and paper handy. There’s something for everyone as we touch on the big picture and then dive into details about website platforms, WordPress hosting, web page design, working with a website designer/developer, and more.
As always, we are here to help you avoid mistakes, spend wisely, and save time. Got a question? Send it in and we’ll answer it on the podcast.
And if you’d like our expertise for the website you have – or the one you’re about to build – schedule time to get our help with the blind spots and bottlenecks that may be limiting the growth of your business.
Highlights From This Episode:
- Pam’s pet peeve about social media, and Vernita’s wise warning about all those Likes and Followers you have
- 2 website tactics that were great back in the day but don’t work well now
- Why we choose WordPress over Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, and others
- 2 things that are often missing from websites or are in the wrong place
- What should and shouldn’t be at the top of your home page (and why)
- 2 reasons that using pop-ups to collect opt-ins is a bad idea
- Where to put your social media icons if you’re an author, consultant, or have a service-based business
- How to link to other websites without sending away your site visitors
- Where to put your welcome video
- Why we suggest that you never register your domain name through your website hosting company
- Why Vernita prefers to register domain names with GoDaddy instead of Namecheap
- What else you should order from GoDaddy
- The hosting you’ll want for your WordPress website, and why it’s worth paying more for
- At what point to set up your G Suite (Google Suite) services
- Why you need to know your target audience before you build your website
- What you need to have on hand before your website can be built
- What your website designer/developer is and isn’t going to do for you
- What your website designer should do first for a custom design
- A tip for working with an overseas website designer/developer
- How long it takes to get a custom website built by a high-end team
- What needs to drive your website’s design (Hint: Don’t just copy Oprah’s website)
- The first 2 pages you’ll want to have designed for your website
Mentioned Resources – Preferred:
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.