If you want to publish your book in seven days and make seven figures, then you’re in the right place, because that’s impossible, and we’re here to set the record straight for you.
…and if you don’t believe the hype, then you’re in the right place, too, because we’re going to walk through the seven essential steps of a book launch, and it’s the real deal – no scams, tricks, or hustle.
We’ll go over how long it really takes to launch a book, how authors can really make more money, and what you really need to do (and not do) to sell your book online.
To start with, you should know that your book probably won’t be a New York Times bestseller – but most books aren’t, and your book doesn’t need to be. You don’t have to sell a million copies of your book to get where you want to go.
Your book isn’t a magic bullet, but it’s the key to being recognized as an authority in your industry, sharing your knowledge and experiences with the world, and earning more money than you did last year.
So listen in and learn how to think beyond the book: how your book is just one format for your knowledge, expertise, and resources (and not the format that will make the most money, either); how to sell your book without paying for ads; how to make email and article marketing work for you; the right way to sell your book on social media; the importance of building anticipation; how publishing a book is not the endgame but just the beginning, and much more.
Whether you’re working on your book, have already published it, or are just getting started, tap into our decades of knowledge and experience – schedule time with us.
Highlights From This Episode:
- What authors can learn from movie trailers and that old ketchup commercial
- 2 things your author bio should NOT look or sound like
- The 2 fundamental facets of branding yourself
- These 3 things on a one-page website are enough to get you started
- What publishing a book can do for you (and what it probably won’t do)
- Why you can give away a large part of your book and still make money
- Especially for speakers: How to use your book to earn more without selling at the back of the room
- How your book can support your content/social media marketing
- Where to publish online now that article directories are out of style
- 2 ways to build your authority through industry publications
- 4 simple ways to improve your email marketing
- The 3 kinds of media attention and why that visibility is the most valuable
- 3 things to do for your book before you even write it
- How readers choose which book to buy – whether they’re shopping online or off
- Why you need at least 3 to 6 months to promote your book with impact
- The toughest time of year to sell your book
- How your publication date can help you get free visibility
- Why you don’t want a separate website or social media profiles for your book
- What to include on your book’s website’s page
Resources Mentioned (Preferred):
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.