Back in the day, we faxed documents that had to get somewhere fast, but times have changed. Now that we have email and smartphones, who even uses a fax machine anymore? And remember when beepers were a big deal?
Well, electronics and office equipment aren’t the only things that go out of style. Our favorite online marketing tools and tactics can become obsolete, too – and new technology and shrinking attention spans will keep us hopping year after year.
But if you focus on the fundamentals, it will be easy to go with the flow. When your business has a solid foundation, you won’t need to change what you’re doing, just adjust how you’re doing it. We’ve said it before and will say it again: tools, tactics, and technology change, but effective marketing strategies stay the same.
Listen now for our take on what’s hot, what’s not, and what will always work, including: what’s changed in the worlds of email marketing, blogging, and social media; popular tactics that don’t work like they used to; what your audience is always looking for (and that ain’t more photos of you 😉); and million-dollar businesses that disappeared almost overnight, and the lessons we can all learn from that.
If you’re ready to shine online and level up your business, tap into our decades of experience in PR, marketing, and online technology – schedule time with us.
Highlights From This Episode:
- Today’s top email marketing tools and the critical feature that older email services don’t have
- Why double opt-in is still important to you and your email service provider
- 3 characteristics of modern email marketing – are your emails out of style?
- Why article marketing doesn’t work anymore and what to do instead
- 4 online spaces where people are publishing their articles now
- Don’t like to write? Here are two excellent alternatives to blogging…
- What to talk about on your blog, vlog (video blog), or podcast
- This blogging platform used to be THE hot spot, but now it’s a dead zone
- Why it’s dangerous to use any social media platform as the hub for your business
- What the deal is now with website pop-ups
- What works now for an opt-in bonus (and what doesn’t work as well as it used to)
- How to use Instagram Stories to share in-depth content
- How the Big Three’s video battle affects what your audience sees on social media
- Why you should post your videos directly on Facebook
- A simple test to see if your video audience is on Periscope or Facebook
- Why you need to hire a pro to run Facebook ads
- The kind of online content that people are always looking for
- A special message for folks who see Social Media Influencer as a career path
- The old-school way of contacting the media that is making a comeback
- Where to submit your press releases these days
Resources Mentioned (Preferred):
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Notes
- Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords)
- Google Search
- Instagram IGTV
- Instagram Stories
- LinkedIn Articles
- Thrive Global
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.