Many entrepreneurs think of social media marketing as a free and easy way to grow their business. The truth is, it may be free, but you still have to put in time, energy, and effort to get good results. How easy that is depends on where your place your focus.
To get a good return on your invest of time and energy spent, it’s important that you don’t get so caught up in focusing on marketing tactics to the point where you forget what social media is really all about: networking. When you focus on connecting with other humans and being a part of the conversation, like you would when you engage with others face to face, your results will increase significantly.
That said, there are still little tricks to using social media in a way that makes you more attractive to your audience… and we go over them on this episode. Also on this episode, we discuss what social networks you should be on and why; the power of being native as opposed to using social media tools; and what it really takes to boost your reputation and popularity on various social platforms.
Highlights From This Episode:
- Social Media then and now
- Soft pitching and warming them up
- Knowing the rules
- Knowing where your audience hangs out online
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and social media work together
- The importance of engaging with your audience
- Facebook business pages vs personal pages and how to use each
- It’s not just about the numbers
- How to focus to increase conversions
- Pam’s social media tricks to get better results
- Twitter hashtag tips
- How to attract new followers naturally
- Why being native, live, and present is better than scheduling posts
- The power of consistency
- Why you need back-end pieces on your website before engaging on social media
- Who to follow and why
- Making yourself tweetable
- 2 things you should NOT do on Facebook (or you risk being shut down)
- Why you should start doing more Facebook Live videos
- The most important thing you need to do with your YouTube channel
- 2 Primary reasons why you should find a group to be a part of
- How to know when you should create your own group
- When to use a tool to schedule posts
- Seth Godin
- Seth Godin’s Purple Cow book
- Seth Godin’s Tribes book
- Luvvie on Twitter
- Iyanla Vanzant on Twitter
- Melinda Emerson on Twitter
- G Suite
- Social Media Examiner
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.