Well, we’re now full throttle into this pandemic with no end in sight, and we understand how that may have you feeling a certain way.
We’re all being pushed away from some things and being pushed into others, right? Live events are canceled, stores are closed, and we can’t go out … and at the same time, we’re having to do a Zoom, figure out Facebook Live, and learn whole new ways of living and working.
And we as Black people are falling behind as the digital world jets ahead. There are people out there doing advanced live-streams on their own websites while some of us still don’t have websites or know what a podcast is – we’re still in kindergarten while they’re up in grad school!
This pandemic’s stay-at-home order is your wake-up call to build a digital business, regardless of what kind of work you do. Everyone is doing business online now, even doctors and hairstylists! The digital way is here to stay, and it’s only going to get more complicated.
So listen closely to this episode where we explain why it’s critical that you have ownership and control of your digital assets, how to secure and protect them, why social media shouldn’t be the hub of your business, how to tell if you control your podcast and domains, two ways to back up your work, a live stream gone horribly wrong (twice!), a business horror story that will scare you out of your chair, and more!
Whether you want to do podcasting, affiliate marketing, or turn your offline business into an online business, Schedule your Go-to-Market strategy sessions with us and we’ll help you put things in order and start on the right path.
If you have a question about doing business online or about something we talk about on the podcast – ASK US. Use the comment box below or send us a note with this form, and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming episode.
Highlights From This Episode:
- Why we need to stop being consumers and start promoting things that we own
- Where social media should fit into your digital business strategy
- Horror Story! A live stream that went wrong in every way possible
- The Mac app that allows YOU to be the hub of your live stream event
- Why you need to have ownership and control of your digital assets
- Where to start with digital asset ownership
- How often you should google yourself (and why)
- How to find out whether or not you have control of your podcast
- Why WordPress is the best platform for your website
- What you should be doing every week to protect your email list
- Why you don’t own your domains that have proxy privacy protection
- Horror Story! How a business co-owner missed out on billions of dollars
- The question you should ask before publishing anything you’ve created
- Why you need to have backups for everything you do online
- How to back up your digital assets if you don’t trust the cloud
- The safe way to give digital access to vendors, service providers, and your team
- What to do first with any digital platform that’s new to you
- How the digital tools you use can drag down your brand
- What you should be focusing on instead of price
- What to do instead of sending out an email blast
Resources Mentioned (Preferred):
- Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)
- Facebook Groups
- Facebook Live
- OBS (Open Broadcast Software)
- Roland Martin
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.