As we enter our fourth month of the pandemic, countless businesses have piled into the online space, so now there’s even more competition for viewer, reader, and listener attention. If you’re going to make money out there, you’ve got to bring your ‘A’ game.
Unlike 10 years ago – or even 2 years ago – you can’t just wing it. Live videos, Instagram feeds, podcasts … their production quality has gone way up, and people’s expectations have gone up with it. What looked just fine back then is looking real raggedy right now.
So, listen to this episode where we talk about the Know-Like-Trust Factor and what you need to do, be, and have to master it. These are essential skills, whether you’re selling courses, promoting a book, pitching your product, or even interviewing for a new job.
We talk about the invisible link between Diana Ross and Beyoncé, what those Influencers are getting paid for, how to become more likable, a shortcut to credibility, our favorite books on sales and selling, why makeup matters (and the least you can do), what you shouldn’t be afraid of or worried about, why copying what others do won’t get you what they have … and more!
Plus: Pam’s one-week experiment that can transform your social media feeds.
If you’ve leaped into this digital business thing, but it hasn’t turned out like you expected, we’re here to untangle the mess! Schedule a Deep Dive Session with us and we’ll look at what you have then determine what you need to do next to get improve your results.
If you have a question about doing business online or about something we talk about on the podcast – ASK US. Use the comment box below or send us a note with this form, and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming episode.
Highlights From This Episode:
- 2 examples of how the “It” factor can be more important than talent
- A sure sign that you’ve become a phenom 😉
- 4 things you have to know if you want to be successful in business
- Horror Story! What can go wrong when you’re not confident in yourself
- Do you have any of the Four Advantages?
- How showing up online has changed from 10 years ago
- What an Influencer is, what they do, and what they get paid for
- Why live videos convert so well
- If you have the perfect solution but people aren’t buying, here’s why
- Why you need to know about sales and selling, plus two books we recommend
- Success story! How Pam increased sales by literally going off-script
- Why copying what other people do won’t get you what they’ve got
- Minimal makeup – the three things to do, even if you do nothing else
- Our top tips for making better videos and podcasts
- The keys to likability and the characteristics of people who irk us
- Fakers are hard to spot, but here’s how to find out if someone is the real deal
- Why the media is at the heart of creating credibility
- How marketing and sales principles apply when you’re looking for a job
- Try this on social media for one week and see what happens
- 3 ways to cultivate your credibility
- What the media doesn’t like and how Pam can help you with it
- What an introvert is and isn’t, and the best way forward if you are
- Here’s why you don’t need everyone to love you
- A really easy way to find out what you need to improve
- Action Selling by Duane Sparks
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- Black Enterprise Magazine
- Speakers Magazine
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.