If your business is dependent on Facebook groups, we’re here to tell you that: 1) you’ve built your business out of straw, and 2) it’s just waiting for the Big Bad Wolf to come blow it down.
We’re not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings, but we’ve heard true stories about businesses brought to a halt when a Facebook account is suspended, and we’ve experienced what it’s like to have content removed or an account blocked.
It’s alarming and confusing, and there’s no number you can call for help! It can take months to unblock your account so you can get things back on track. Do you really want your income dependent on a platform like that?
Of course not! So, listen in and take note while we trade true stories, including someone whose Facebook account was suspended for a full year, someone who pulled their multimillion-dollar business off of Facebook and built their own thing, and our own situations (and frustrations!) when we supposedly violated a social media platform’s policies.
You’ll also hear about what digital business was like before social media, what business was like before the digital era, how launching a digital business is like opening a restaurant, and four alternatives to Facebook group communities (including 2 you can host yourself for complete control).
It’s important to start out right with your digital business, or you’ll be stacking one mistake on top of another. Schedule a Private Deep Dive Session with us, and we’ll help you get off on the good foot. 😊
If you have a question about doing business online or about something we talk about on the podcast – ASK US. Use the comment box below or send us a note with this form, and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming episode.
Highlights From This Episode:
- A warning for folks who’ve built their business on Facebook
- What digital business was like before social media
- The difference between owning and renting digital properties
- What you really need from your Facebook group that Facebook won’t give you
- The only things you should use social media for
- Your Facebook account could be suspended for how long?!
- True Story: The time Pam’s Fb account was blocked (and she still doesn’t know why!)
- The big problem with Facebook’s policies and community rules
- True Story: The time Pam’s friend was banned from Fb for over a year
- What an IP address is and why it matters
- Do you know the terms and policies of all the places you post?
- What business was like before the digital era
- True Story: The time a marketer pulled his multimillion-dollar business off of Facebook
- 2 hosted alternatives to Facebook groups
- 2 options for hosting groups on your own WordPress website
- What to do if you’re not tech-savvy
- What to do if you don’t have time to DIY
- What to do if you don’t have the money to hire someone
- True Story: The time YouTube took down one of Vernita’s popular videos
- How launching a digital business is like opening a restaurant
- What you need to start any business, even a digital one
- What is always left out of those Facebook success stories
- True Story: The worst online course that we’ve ever seen … like, EVER
- BuddyBoss for WordPress
- BuddyPress for WordPress
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook for Business
- Facebook Groups
- G Suite
- Instagram for Business
- MemberPress for WordPress
- Mighty Networks
- Ryan Levesque
- WooCommerce for WordPress
- WooCommerce Memberships for WordPress
- WooCommerce Subscriptions for WordPress
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.
Leave a Reply