Are you ready to be Googlicious – that is, found in Google (and other search engines) by your target audience? And not just your name, but having pages of your website show up as a result when your ideal clients and customers search online for answers related to topics you are an expert in?
Search engine optimization, SEO for short, is such an integral part of your online presence that the basic elements of it should have been included on your website while it was being developed; however, most web designers and developers that say they include it only add title tags and description meta tag data. Those elements are only 2 of 13 fundamental “On-Page SEO” elements that should be on your site (there’s also an additional 14th element that some sites need in certain situations).
It’s not that web designers and developers are being deceptive, it’s that many of them simply do not know a thing about SEO because they are not online marketers.
That’s why it’s important for you to know the basics so you can tell your developer what you need for them to add to your site’s code so that it’s primed up to make you Googlicious. Also, by knowing the fundamentals, you make it easier for yourself to vet someone you may want to hire to do all your SEO for you.
Get your pen and paper out, because on today’s episode, we dive deep into what you need to know about search engine optimization. We discuss the basics of on-page and off-page optimization so you can start generating more traffic to your site without paying for ads or spending hours every day on social media. We also share little known SEO strategies to use that your web developer either doesn’t know or won’t tell you.
Highlights From This Episode:
- Being found in Google
- Ads vs organic search
- What search engine spiders do
- How to get indexed in Google
- How to build up SEO juice
- Why paying for ads do not guarantee first page results
- Stay away from black hat SEO
- Beware of becoming SEO bait
- The basics that do not change
- The 2 forms of SEO
- Being balanced with your linking strategy
- How the search engines index pages of your site
- Having an SEO plugin is not enough
- Two things you can do to be listed on page 1 of Google in less than 24 hours
- Removing “Home” from your title tags
- Why SEO should be part of the web development process
- 14 Basic On-Page SEO elements your website should contain
- Why structured data is becoming more and more important
- How to change text size on a page in WordPress without adding extra heading tags in the code
- Why adding keyword meta tag data is not important anymore (and hasn’t been for years)
- Why you shouldn’t use the robots.txt file to hide pdf documents
- Fixing 404 error pages
- The importance of optimizing your image data, and how to do it
- Knowing your target audience is key
- Beneficial backlinks vs useless ones
- How to stop losing SEO juice on pages of your site
- Yoast SEO Plugin
- Genesis Theme Framework
- Divi Theme
- TinyMCE Advanced
- Google Search Console
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.