If you’re not sure which tools to use for your digital business, or the tools you’ve been using have been getting on your nerves, then this is THE episode for you!
From email marketing systems to online scheduling to website hosts, we list the top online tools and digital services that we’ve not only vetted and tested but use in our own digital businesses every day.
Now, if you’re looking for the cheapest way to start a digital business, we’ll tell you upfront that this ain’t that. You don’t need to spend a fortune to get up and running, but you don’t want to go cheap with the tools you’re using to build and run a successful business.
That said, we don’t believe in spending more money than necessary, so while our top picks aren’t free, they’re not the most expensive, either. We always choose tools that are the best value – including great customer service – and that will scale up as your business grows from a startup to multiple figures.
So, listen in while we talk about the online tools we use and why we use them, three ways you can make money with online tools others pay for, what it means to “become rich in a niche,” three reasons people would pay more to work with you than someone cheaper from overseas, why you’ll make more money specializing in one thing than doing a little bit of everything, plus the tools we can’t stand and won’t use … and more!
If your online tools are holding you back, schedule a Private Deep Dive Session with us and we’ll show you the tools that’s best for your specific situation, and how to integrate them in a way that allows your business to grow faster.
If you have a question about doing business online or about something we talk about on the podcast – ASK US. Use the comment box below or send us a note with this form, and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming episode.
Highlights From This Episode:
- The best place to get your branded domain email address
- Our top pick for email marketing systems after using others for many years
- Why our preferred email marketing system is better than ConvertKit and Drip
- This one feature makes ActiveCampaign much better than Mailchimp and AWeber
- 2 big reasons to give Infusionsoft a hard pass
- The 2 main differences between the most popular email marketing systems
- 3 ways to make money through these online tools
- Why it’s better to be a specialist than a Jack (or Jill) of all trades
- Our open call for tech-savvy specialists >>> Contact us, we have clients to send you!
- Where we see the new business economy going
- The challenges you’ll face when working with specialists who are outside the US
- The podcast service we use to maintain ownership of our content
- The best place to host your website plus the platform to build it on
- 3 website hosts you need to avoid (and why we love ours)
- The only all-in-one digital business solution that Vernita recommends
- Pam hates Hootsuite, so she suggests using this social media management tool instead
- This online scheduling tool will make sure you don’t miss appointments
- Why you can trust that our recommendations are the top tools
- The mindset you need to have when choosing which tools to work with
- …and for the full list of online tools that we use and love, visit our Recommended Resources page
Resources Mentioned (Preferred):
- Blubrry Podcasting
- G Suite
- Gravity Forms
- WPX Hosting
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.