With a digital business, you often don’t know exactly who is visiting your site, subscribing to your email list, or even buying your products. But with the power of online monitoring and tracking tools, you can learn more than you might imagine.
Through analytics, you can uncover how individual people arrive at your website, which pages they visit, and how long they stay. You can see exactly when they dropped by and which country they live in. Your email marketing has just as much to tell you, and maybe more…
But are you tracking these things? And if you are, how often do you review your data for the golden nuggets of information that are buried in there? Weekly? Monthly? Quarterly? Never?
Here’s the thing: Your analytics will help you with your marketing, your strategies, your goals – all the foundational parts of your business.
And if you’re not keeping an eye on all your numbers – income and expenses, of course, and also your website traffic and email marketing results – then you may be wasting time and money on tools you don’t use, social media marketing that’s ignored, and paid ads that don’t work.
Listen to this episode that’s rich with tools and tips for keeping a sharp eye on your business. And if you need help, get in touch! You don’t need to do all this by yourself.
Highlights From This Episode:
- How to grow your business with your appointment calendar
- Why you need to track and monitor all the ways that money comes into and goes out of your business
- What’s included in FreshBooks’ at-a-glance view of your business finances
- When to invest in QuickBooks
- How Pam turns email click-throughs into new prospects
- What you can learn by monitoring the results of your email marketing
- 2 questions to ask the people who regularly read your emails
- What a “dead lead” is, what to do about them, how often to do it, and why you should bother
- It’s nice to have a bunch of pictures in your email marketing, but…
- What all this automation is for
- Can everything in your business be automated? And should it be?
- Why you need to monitor your website traffic and what to look for
- 2 great tools for monitoring and analyzing your website traffic
- Tip: Many of those people visiting your site aren’t visiting, and they’re not people.
- Vernita’s favorite part of Google Analytics
- A big problem with Google Analytics that you can avoid by also using Clicky
- How time spent analyzing incoming website traffic can save both time and money
- How Linktree jacks up your analytics and what to do about it
- A special tip if you’re paying for advertising (you absolutely need to do this)
- Who holds your Google Analytics data – you or your web designer?
- A tool for finding out where your best customers come from
- What a heat map is, why it’s important, and a tool that will help
- What your site visitors are NOT clicking on
Mentioned Resources – Preferred:
- G Suite
- Google Analytics
- Google Calendar
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.