Your knowledge and expertise can be worth a fortune IF you know how to package and market them, and you know precisely who you want to market them to.
Even better: You can be earning money from your business while you’re still at your corporate job, or even while you sleep, if you have the right digital framework, strategy, and mindset.
We’ve fit the essentials for making money from your expertise into this episode, including an important heads-up for folks who believe they’re going to put six figures in their pocket within the first six months.
If that’s you, we’re here to tell you: No, nope, and it ain’t gonna happen.
But if you’re looking to transition from your corporate job to an at-home digital business over a year or two, and you are willing to learn the process, do the work, take the time, and spend a little money, we can tell you that it’s 100% worth it.
There’s more to it than putting up a website and slapping a few posts on social media, though, so listen in to learn: how people “get rich in a niche”; why trying to do everything will keep you from earning anything; real-life examples of successful niching and targeted marketing messages; common startup mistakes; pro tips for your podcast or YouTube channel; the problem with Instagram; and helpful fill-in-the-blank exercises to clarify your value, your audience, and how you’ll stand out in the crowd … and more!
We can help you translate your knowledge and expertise into a digital business. To start strong with clear, personalized steps based on your specific goals, schedule a Private Deep Dive Session with us, and we’ll get you on the right track for a productive and effective Q3 and Q4.
If you have a question about doing business online or about something we talk about on the podcast – ASK US. Use the comment box below or send us a note with this form, and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming episode.
Highlights From This Episode:
- What trying to be everything to everybody will get you
- The right time to reach beyond your niche
- Pam’s clarifying question will help you name your niche – just fill in the blank!
- Excellent Example! The varied niches of personal finance experts
- Use this simple exercise to uncover how you’ll stand out in your niche
- The first step for every marketing campaign (and it isn’t a trick question)
- Excellent Example! Using different marketing messages to suit specific groups
- What value do you bring? Use this fill-in-the-blank exercise to find out…
- 4 ways to deliver your expertise – which one suits you and your target audience?
- Oops! How NOT to design your logo #srsly
- Simple tips for going pro with your YouTube channel or podcast
- Why you should always, always, always have SEO in mind – Vernita’s gonna tell you
- Where Instagram falls short for generating website traffic
- Should you upload videos to IGTV or YouTube?
- And again: You can’t consistently do all this work yourself, here’s why…
- If you must DIY, then here’s where to start…
- Oops! Why you really don’t want to use Facebook Groups
- Shout out to Dr. Carmen and Givinglight for their wonderful comments and 5-star reviews!
- Budgetnista, Tiffany Aliche
- Dexter B. Jenkins
- Frugalista, Alexandria Jones
- G Suite/Gmail
- Instagram for Business
- LinkedIn Learning
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.