Things are getting a little interesting in this season that we’re in right now. We’re supposed to stay in our homes until who knows when, and millions of people have been laid off from their jobs – and you might be one of them.
We all have good reason to be concerned, but don’t be worried! If you have internet and a computer, you can earn money without leaving your home, and you might even find yourself with a booming business doing something you love.
The truth is, whatever you know, make, do, or create, there is someone out there who will pay for it, and an online digital platform is essential for finding them and being found. This can be a great time to gather up some new skills, but you can monetize who you are, just as you are, nothing extra required.
This episode holds real-life examples of how your gifts, skills, passions, and talents can be shaped into a business that replaces your job, as well as simple pen-and-paper exercises to uncover the possibilities that are unique to you.
We talk about the inner work that’s essential for moving forward with confidence and direction, ways to leverage on-hand resources into something new for you, what it really takes to succeed, what you can depend on right now, how to tap into your blessings, what to do if you want to work from home but don’t want to run a business, exactly why people will pay you to do what you love (and a warning from both of us if you do), and more!
We can help you explore the possibilities, build your digital platform, and jumpstart your marketing. If you know your gifts, skills, and talents, request your complimentary Breakthrough Call with us so we can get you started and point the way.
We love questions! Send in yours and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming podcast.
Highlights From This Episode:
- 3 things you need to know about yourself if you’re going to thrive
- The book that inspired Pam to be “joyfully jobless” – she read it to tatters!
- Dozens of ideas for monetizing specific gifts, passions, skills, and interests
- How to use classes on Lynda (now LinkedIn Learning) to prove your skills
- How a digital platform will serve you at times like this
- Make these three simple lists to uncover your personal assets
- 4 more simple lists that will help you discover earning possibilities
- The one thing you’ll have to do if you’re going to break out and win
- Success story: A formal education isn’t required, just skill, heart, and hustle
- One of the few things you can depend upon right now
- Vernita’s crazy cat story proves that finding fanatics is a key to wealth
- Ask yourself these two questions to tap into your blessings
- What to do if you want to work digitally from home but don’t want to run a business
- Just because you love it and it’s easy for you doesn’t mean you have to sell it cheap
- Why people will pay you to do that thing you love to do
- Why you shouldn’t let people talk down your price
- What to do if quarantine or self-isolation keeps you from doing your thing outside
- How much time to give yourself to pull your new business together
- 3 things to consider if you want to win and thrive in this season
Resources Mentioned (Preferred):
- Making a Living Without a Job by Barbara Winter
- Google Search
- Lynda (now LinkedIn Learning)
- Monica Morgan
- Pam Perry’s Branding Accelerator Program
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.