If you want to grow a digital business, you must up your email game. Email is going to be part of our lives forever, so join us now and learn how to construct email messages that get opened up and read.
In this episode, we walk you through building attention-getting, money-making emails step-by-step, from the subject line to the sign-off, including everything in between.
With all the noise on social media, it’s real easy for your posts to go unseen or ignored. Even the people who love you will scroll right on by to watch a funny cat video or see who’s on Live. That’s why it’s essential that they find you in their inbox where it is much, much quieter.
They’ll scroll past you there, too, though, if your message even arrives, but don’t panic! We’ve got the tools and tips that will make them stop, read, and click – AND keep your emails out of their SPAM folder.
Listen in to hear about: the wrong way to build your email list, how to make your email stand out among hundreds of messages, how to craft an email that’s easy to read in a hurry, why you should ignore nearly everything your English teacher taught you, Pam’s latest email horror story, your email marketing mindset, and our favorite tools for creating scroll-stopping, jaw-dropping emails.
Plus, we’ll answer the big question – who is more valuable, your social media followers or the people on your list? And more!
Whether you need to start a list, grow a list, or just get folks to open your emails, Schedule your Go-to-Market strategy sessions with us and we’ll help you get things moving.
If you have a question about doing business online or about something we talk about on the podcast – ASK US. Use the comment box below or send us a note with this form, and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming episode.
Highlights From This Episode:
- 4 ways to organize your email – and why your emails need to stand out
- The right way to build your email list … and the wrong way (check out Episode 22 for more)
- When it comes to your email list, which is better: quantity or quality?
- How to create a scroll-stopping subject line
- Where to find the ultimate collection of emojis
- 2 simple headline templates for emailing the media
- What preheader text is, and why you should never leave it out
- How to make the people on your list glad they opened your email
- Why we started to include animated GIFs in our emails, where to find them, and 2 tools to make them
- The writing rules you have to break to write a great email
- 3 tricks to make your email easy to read, even when they’re in a hurry
- About your call-to-action, and the words that Vernita says to never use
- 3 things that will get your email sent straight to their SPAM folder
- Why you really need to test the links before sending out that email
- Horror story! Why Infusionsoft is called “Confusionsoft”!
- How to end your email like a pro
- Why we highly recommend you offer free consultations, no matter what you sell
- How to make money with your emails even when you don’t have a product
- Who are your VIPs? The people on social media or the people on your list?
- 3 simple benefits you can offer to the people on your list
- Shout out to TCP Mag! Thank you for your 5-star review 😊
Resources Mentioned (Preferred):
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.