Once you create content, you must be savvy about how you “get it out there” so that it will equal into sales. If you want to experience maximum results, there are several simple things we suggest you do before you start sharing your content online.
This episode is a continuation of our 2-part content marketing series. You can listen to Part 1 here if you haven’t done so already.
On this episode, we explain the ins and outs of content syndication and how it grows and scales your business; we discuss the importance of your RSS feed and how to set it up where you have ownership and control over it; and we also share overlooked ways to use your content to build your credibility and position yourself as an authority in your field – not just with your target audience, but also with the search engines (such as Google).
Highlights From This Episode:
- Static vs Dynamic websites
- The power of the RSS feed
- Having ownership and control over your own RSS feed
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
- The type of website hosting you need and why
- Podcasting is the new blogging
- How to create your own podcast feed (yourdomain.com/feed/podcast)
- Setting your business up to grow and scale
- Why we love Blubrry.com
- Setting a different episode summary for iTunes/Apple Podcasts
- Clarity on how directories pull from your podcast feed
- The importance of the postname permalink structure
- Don’t forget to add the share buttons
- Summary vs Full text in the RSS feed
- Being consistent with it
- How blogging and podcasting gives you SEO juice
- Don’t forget your list
- WPX Hosting
- Blubrry Powerpress
- Blubrry Podcast Hosting
- James Schramko’s Podcast
- Moving from Libsyn to Blubrry
- Pat Flynn in iTunes
- John Lee Dumas in iTunes
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.