Welcome to the age of personal branding! Whether you’re trying to build a business or a career, how you demonstrate your skills, express your personality, and highlight your achievements will either lift you higher, hold you back, or leave you far behind.
We’re in the 21st century, where you and your business are one and the same. When someone thinks about doing business with you, they’re going to search google and social media to learn about you, not your company.
It’s not personal … even big businesses like Amazon and Zappos have CEOs who’ve stepped out from behind the corporate logo to become the face of their company.
So, if you’ve been hiding behind your bio and some Instagram pictures, we’re here to tell you that it’s time to be seen for who you truly are and what you know, think, believe, and create.
In this episode, we’ll discuss the value of your unique story, the importance of knowing your purpose, why your core message is a great place to start, the questions people have about you and your business (and where they’ll look for answers), how the line between a business and who runs it has disappeared, how consistency plus endurance will boost your brand and your business, and how all of this gives you power and control.
Is your personal brand reflected accurately and effectively in your social media profiles and your website? Schedule a session with us, and we’ll assess all your online properties, then offer suggestions and direction for putting your best foot forward.
Send in your questions! We’ll share our answers in an upcoming podcast.
Highlights From This Episode:
- 3 things people want to know about the person at the helm of your organization
- Where people will look for clues about your values, beliefs, and characteristics
- 2 things you must have at the core of your personal branding
- Our one-word answer to the question: What does social media have to do with personal branding?
- Vernita’s 5-step process for gathering information on a company or organization
- Ready or not, you are the face of your organization – here are two examples
- Success Story! She shared this on Instagram and won big-time PR for her company
- Proof that even people who work in corporate have a personal brand
- What to post on social media to position you for that next promotion
- What NOT to post on social media, unless it’s your focus or profession
- How your personal story becomes part of your brand
- Why you should start with your core message
- Where you DON’T have to be to promote your personal brand
- How your personal brand gives you flexibility, strength, opportunity, and power
- How a strong personal brand can position you to become an influencer
- Success Story! How focusing on the accomplishments of others built a strong personal brand
- How to promote your book through your personal brand (and click here for 7 essential steps to launch your book)
- Why just throwing money at a publicist or branding expert doesn’t work
- Why you shouldn’t give up after your fifth, seventh, or tenth podcast
- An alarming example of personal branding gone wrong
Resources Mentioned (Preferred):
Personal Brands Mentioned
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.