IMPORTANT: This episode is especially for authors, speakers, thought leaders, subject matter experts, and others who have a message to share with the world, who feel called to inspire others, and who want to make a difference with their brainpower and expertise.
We asked for your number one, single-biggest marketing challenges, and y’all came through with some excellent questions, issues, problems, and concerns!
In this episode, we’ll do some laser coaching to offer our ideas, tips, and solutions for your specific questions, but in general, the majority of the marketing challenges out there can be resolved with the same 3 or 4 things…
When you know your target audience, consistently publish and share relevant content, use social media effectively to generate website traffic, and stop trying to do everything yourself, you’ll maximize your opportunities for success.
Yes, it really is that simple, but it ain’t always easy, so listen in to get the specifics on: why knowing your target market is essential, the importance of your story, how authenticity erases competition, how to stand out online, how long it really takes to build a thriving business, how your business suffers when you try to do everything by yourself, some considerations especially for authors, the right mindset for “getting yourself out there”, and Vernita’s heartfelt intensity for podcasting as the core of your marketing plan.
If you have questions about marketing your online business or want to develop an effective marketing plan, schedule a Private Deep Dive Session with us and we’ll help you clear things out, clean things up, and point the way.
If you have a question about doing business online or about something we talk about on the podcast – ASK US. Use the comment box below or send us a note with this form, and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming episode.
Highlights From This Episode:
- The difference between marketing and PR (public relations)
- How we help folks find clarity and correct their marketing mistakes
- Why you need to fine-tune your target audience, plus an example (also check out Episode 2 and Episode 8)
- The right mindset for “getting yourself out there”
- 3 essential steps for building your audience (it really is this simple)
- The key to any and every successful marketing plan
- How long it takes to build a thriving business (and it isn’t 6 weeks or 60 days, okay?)
- 2 things about those folks who have earned six figures in 60 days
- The huge problem with trying to do everything yourself
- What social media is actually for and where to get help
- Learn all about your ideal customer or client with these two simple steps
- How to market a new book (also check out Episode 21)
- Why building a platform is your first step, whether or not you self-publish
- How book publisher’s advances work + how much their authors earn per book
- Why authors work with a publisher instead of self-publishing
- The question that Vernita wants you to ask often and a lot
- 6 simple tips for selling more books on Amazon
- Why you really need website analytics
- How to get more website traffic without buying ads
- 3 BIG ways that podcasting helps build your business
- A podcast traffic builder that you probably haven’t thought of – and it works!
- 3 places to go online to learn more about your ideal customer/client
- Where to find engagement online (and improve your listening skills)
- Worried you won’t stand out? Here’s how to get over that…
- Success Story! How Pam earned a world-class client by being her authentic self
- 98 Buck Social
- All Things Business
- Author Central on Amazon
- Automation Agency
- Facebook Ads
- Google Analytics
- Instagram Video
- Instagram’s Boomerang
- Social Media Examiner
- Pam’s blog post on Book Publishing Options – Pros and Cons
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.
Leave a Reply