In our previous episode, we introduced membership programs – where you receive income, month after month, by continuously providing content to your subscribers or members.
That episode and this one are especially for you if you’ve had a long career in your field. Do you realize the wealth of information that you’re carrying around in your head? And that your knowledge could be creating wealth for you? It’s the truth!
And thanks to our digital age, you can teach, present, or share your knowledge in whatever way is easiest for you. You can stay right in your house and build a community that spans the globe.
So, listen in while we discuss how your decades-long career lays the groundwork for this new business, what you need to know and have before starting a membership program, 6 types of membership program models (even the one Vernita doesn’t like), a membership program as an alternative to one-on-one coaching, our thoughts on how often to provide new content, work your waitlist, and market and promote your program … and more!
It’s time to profit from what’s inside you and keep that money coming. If you’d like to talk about setting up a membership program or could use some help deciding if a membership program is for you, schedule a Private Deep Dive Session with us and we’ll listen closely, offer clarity, and point the way.
If you have a question about doing business online or about something we talk about on the podcast – ASK US. Use the comment box below or send us a note with this form, and we’ll share our answers in an upcoming episode.
Highlights From This Episode:
- How decades in your career can be the foundation of a new business
- 3 things you need to know before starting a membership program
- Is your topic or niche too small to support a membership program?
- 6 membership program models
- How a magazine-style membership program is different from a blog
- 2 early examples of the magazine-style membership program
- How to use your blog to jumpstart a membership program
- For Example! Why the Forks Over Knives meal plan is worth paying for every month
- Are you a coach? Here’s an alternative to one-on-one coaching
- 3 methods for coaching within a coaching membership model
- 2 not-quite-continuous ways to host a membership group
- How often you should provide new content
- How to work your waitlist
- 3 reasons people will pay for membership to your community
- Why a membership program is ideal for our everchanging world
- What to ask yourself when considering how much to charge for membership
- The membership model that Pam calls “glue for the like-minded”
- A membership model for educational content – and why Vernita doesn’t like it
Did you enjoy this episode?
Thank you for joining us on this episode of the Digital Business Acceleration podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes to help us reach even more entrepreneurs and business owners.
Don’t forget to download your copy of our 7 Systems Blueprint so you know exactly how to get your business to thrive online.